Monday, July 14, 2008

What's Eating Gilbert Grape


I just watched What's Eating Gilbert Grape which I have on Doovde and I've just managed to stop crying. It's one of my favourite films (then again, my list of my favourite films really is quite long) and I love the ending.
Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio (who are actually my two favourite actors) star in it and Juliette Lewis, Mary Steenburgen, Darlene Cates, Laura Harrington, Mary Kate Schellhardt and John C Reilly are some of the other actors.
The linked pictures are what they look like now, and most of them have considerably changed. The film was released in 1993.
Johnny, who I have met (oh yes be jealous), is my grandparents' neighbour near St Tropez, in the south of France, lives with his wife, Vanessa Paradis, (she really doesn't know how lucky she is... plus in real life she looks like a coke addict she's so gaunt-looking, woops that just slipped out) and his two kids.
This was Leo's fourth film and he got his first Academy Award nomination for this and well obviously now he is enormously famous.
Also, I observed that he worked with John C Reilly again in The Aviator. I love noticing things like that, I guess I'm a big fan of common knowledge... or just knowledge in general.
I googled Juliette Lewis and she is now a rocker! I think she's changed alot, here's a pic of her rocking out and here's one of her in Gilbert Grape (she is obviously on the right). She looks like a cool person, I'd like to meet her.
I think the movie is well worth buying on Doovde (you have to watch Fone Hijacker if you don't get this) because the acting is wicked and the story is well good. Blud.

No comments: